The Count of Darkness (Teaser) The Count of Darkness (Teaser)

Stylish, good tempo. Well fit for a boss theme especially.

The upper organ is rather harsh - the opening's high D actually bothers my ears. Throughout the rest of the melody, it also stands out a bit much. Lowpassing or just turning down the balance would work. The uniformly short note lengths are peculiar as well, and make the melody sound mechanical (as though the organist is hunting-and-pecking keys). I would hold the 1/8th notes a bit longer, at least.

The short segment audible on the fade out sounds especially awesome! How about that full track, you tease? :P

Phyrnna responds:

Both are actually intentional. lol!

And full track when the game comes out! :P

Thanks for the review! :D

Spacetype Menu Spacetype Menu

What do you know, I hate money too! I should have you over for some water and saltine crackers some time.

OctoEntandre responds:

Oh that'd be just splendid!

YellowEyes YellowEyes

I was hooked from the start. Juicy synths and groovy (albeit a tad simplistic) beat. Nice work.

TheyCallMeCaudex responds:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

Muse Muse

Catchy, although the neener-neener is annoying. Clever challenge and a very unique take on it. Well done.

Thanks!

Freak Freak

Ok, let me just say that I really really like this song. It's a nice combination of various instruments and styles, with good writing and engaging flow.

That said, I think you're doing the dubstep thing wrong. You need to use triplets in addition to duplets and quarters. It sounds like you sampled a 'wub' and then sequenced it rather than using a synth with a tempo-synced oscillating gate. I'm no expert on dubstep production values, so I might be way off, but I think it would be a major improvement to divide the beats into fours and threes instead of fours and twos as it is currently.

Nice job! Never stop writing music.

TheyCallMeCaudex responds:

I'm glad you liked the song, and your right, in a sense, because this isn't really traditional dubstep. It's my take on it's sound and therefore a more personal stylized version then anything else. as is most of my music. I usually make techno-ey dubstep-ish trance-like music but I don't usually go specifically for the traditional sound. As a result, some of my music works, but some of it really doesn't. This song in particular I was trying to mesh several different genres and sounds. I think it works but I am totally open to criticism, in fact, I love it.

And I will never stop making music.

- Crow Machine - Crow Machine

I'm glad you managed to get away from the many cliches of what people think electronica (ugh, especially EDM) has to be. It's very catchy, with an excellent hook and juicy production. The development didn't really come until nearly the end, and I felt that you could have done more with the secondary theme, but that is by far the hardest part of composition, so don't worry about it. Overall an excellent piece to add to my listening library.

FFV - Battle FFV - Battle

I'll have to agree that this is my favorite battle theme as well. The bassline could be a bit less prominent and in general the parts seem to stand fairly alone. The best solution I can think of is more 'filler' instrumentation, something that the middle and ending sections are stronger at than the beginning.

The Corridors of Zeal The Corridors of Zeal

Excellent! Quite a notable remix. The instrumentation is great and the piece is very coherent and layered. It could have more of a sense of progression - by the fourth minute I felt that it wasn't going anywhere. Wonderful and enjoyable.

And I am totally aware that a lot of improvement can happen in the space of a few years, so I think I'll go listen to your newer stuff now.

-Super Battletrain- -Super Battletrain-

Because it's not a real game without a SUPER DESERT BATTLETRAIN! I'd play it. Heck, I played MMZ4.

And this song would be perfect for it, of course.

Elegancia - Zeal Elegancia - Zeal

This is the song that plays when I rip out Zeal in LoL. I approve.